Faurie Nell Inc - Attorneys Notaries Conveyancers
Home What We Offer How We Do It Calculators Online Progress Report Knowledge Centre Client Experience Contact Us


Emigration Advice

Ghost Convey Articles














Get Adobe PDF Reader
Get Adobe PDF Reader


Who is this intended for?
Single or family unit permanently resident and/ or an immigrant who has been resident for more than 5 years in South Africa


Forms Required:
Anyone who intends to emigrate from South Africa must inform their authorised dealer

  • The completed Form MP 336(b) declaring all assets, liabilities and personal details is required to be handed to the South African Revenue Services to obtain a tax clearance certificate
  • Once the authorised dealer has accepted the Form MP 336(b), tax clearance certificate and is satisfied that all the remaining South African assets are controlled the following will apply

Emigration Allowances
Private individuals or family units emigrating to any country outside the Common Monetary Area (Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho, South Africa ("Republic") ("CMA"), will qualify at the time of emigration for the following facilities

Family units:

  • A foreign capital allowance of up to R8 000 000 after all liabilities including the cost of the relative passenger tickets and the applicable travel allowances have been provided
  • A widow or widower or a single parent with accompanying dependant(s) may also be regarded as a family unit

Click here to read more [PDF]

Back to Top

Legal Disclaimer     |     Sitemap
Copyright © Faurie Nell Inc, All rights reserved