SARS has implemented new rules and procedures concerning the VAT applications. They no longer capture the VAT applications at the branch. We need to now do the application on efiling and on completion SARS issues a form that I will then need to take to the SARS branch along with the relevant supporting documentation. The SARS consultant then checks all the docs, scans it, finalises the application and then issues the VAT registration form.
In order for me to start with the application on efiling, the appointed Public Officer first needs to go to the branch and update the banking details. Unfortunately no one else is allowed to go on behalf of the Public Officer, this can only be done by the Public Officer at the branch.
Documentation needed for updating details at the branch
- CIPC Registration documents (I do have this on file)
- Certified ID copy of the Directors
- Original ID document of the appointed Public Officer
- Resolution stating appointment of Public Officer (Please find attached the example of the letter)
- Acceptance letter of Public Officer (Please find attached the example of the letter)
Click here to read more
Back to Top